This one came from our living history hobby.
The General's Beans
Drain the kidney beans and pinto beans, mix with the baked beans undrained, onions, peppers, tomatoes and seasonings in a casserole dish. Sprinkle the cheese on top, and bake in a 350 oven until bubbling, about 30-40 minutes.
- 1 16 ounce can of baked beans
- 1 16 ounce can of dark kindney beans
- 1 16 ounce can of pinto beans
- 1 16 ounce can of chopped tomatoes
- 3 chopped green onions
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 package Sloppy Joe seasoning mix
- 1 envelope Lipton onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese